On this episode of Couple Collective, I interview a couple who recalibrate through counseling together. Chris was my college roommate and is now one of my best friends. He and his finance (now wife), Mary, discuss how they came out of the gates with NRE (new relationship energy), but when Chris pumped the breaks, they sought out counseling to recalibrate. This episode was recorded in August 2018 just before they got married on 9/1/19.
If you are interested in a particular topic we discussed, below I’ve included time stamps that you can click on to jump ahead (only on Spotify).
- (0:59) - How Chris & Mary met
- (10:10) - Chris asks Mary if she'll go to Hawaii with him on their first date; she says 'no'
- (16:32) - Chris discusses new relationship energy, why he pumped the breaks
- (19:53) - "Is this going to be like Carrie & Big?" - Mary describes the social pressures she encountered
- (35:22) - "Do we break up or do we go to counseling" - Chris & Mary discuss going to counseling
As always, you can continue to engage beyond the podcast on the website www.couplecollective.com and via our social channels @couplecollective; I want to hear your stories and your feedback. If I’m bringing value, please subscribe and share with those that may pull value from this as well. If find value in the idea behind Couple Collective, but feel I am missing the mark, please let me know what you would like to see and hear. Much Love!
Cover art by Laurie Berger (www.laurenjanestudio.com)